- "Humans seem to be the only animal species that cries. I hope you found that interesting!"
- – Medical Operator [src]
The Medical Operator restores the player's full Health, and is a suitable alternative to a Medkit. Like other Operators, dispensers for Medical Operators are located throughout Talos I, especially in Medical Bays.
There are various ways of diagnosing player and it usually depends on the ailment and current status such as Radiation, gravely injured, badly injured and slightly injured.
Excerpt from the TranStar Operator Brochure Edit
A vast anatomical database coupled with a top-of-the-line compact surgical toolset makes the TranStar Pyramid 490 medical class Operator the finest in automated healthcare, rivaling even the most skilled surgeon. Patients concerned with safety and privacy can also rest assured. With its patented Panacea Governor technology, the TranStar Medical Operator is programmed to be minimally invasive and fully discreet.
This latest iteration in TranStar technology also boasts an increase 98.2% diagnosis accuracy rating as well as the introduction of a "bedside manner" protocol designed to improve rapport with patients.
Morgan's Notes Edit
Most medical facilities on station have these in the operator dispensers. Can handle just about any trauma. If only they didn't tell stupid jokes.
- When Morgan Yu bumps into a Medical Operator, he will react nicely, usually apologizing for being in their way. Attacking a Medical Operator will prompt him to ask Morgan nicely not to harm him, or ask if Morgan intended to damage him with a more serious tone.
- Medical Operators will say when Morgan is suffering from a specific trauma, such as Radiation Poisoning, and will remove it promptly, even if Morgan is at full health when getting healed. They will also mention when Morgan has more than one trauma and will remove both. However, if Morgan gets healed with only drunk as a trauma, Medical Operators will have an awkward silence and say nothing while removing the drunk effect.
- Corrupted Medical Operators will often say morbid things about wanting to do surgery on Morgan Yu and removing his/her body parts. Like Corrupted Science Operators, their electric blasts will not only injure Morgan, but will also drain psi.
- Originally, Medical Operators were red and had four arms with various medical tools, but it was replaced in favor of the green and white Operator seen in game, with the long shock probe arms that a Science Operator also has, likely for self defense. It is unknown how they manipulate medical tools without hands.